Acne (Pimple) – its cause and treatment
Acne is very common in teenagers and young adults (age 11-30). Acne usually affects face, shoulder and back area of body. Acute Acne can be a major cause of Psycho-Social stress and requires treatment to avoid scarring.
The Skin & Cosmetology Clinic, Chandigarh, Panchkula is well equipped with latest technology of Laser for the treatment of Acne (Pimple) and Acne Scars
What causes Acne?
Several factors contribute to the development of acne.
Sequence of events which leads to Acne:
- Increase in production of sebum due to imbalance of andorgenic hormomes
- Bacterial growth leading to break down of sebum into free fatty acids which are irritants to skin
- Cells lining the sebaceous glands fail to shed normally leading to pores becoming clogged, leading to Acne.
Some factors which contribute to this condition are:
- Hereditary or genetic: If your parents had acute case of Acne, chances are you are susceptible to it and adequate care should be taken to avoid aggravation of Acne symptoms.
- Hormonal imbalances: Hormonal changes during puberty and menstrual cycle are common triggers of Acne. Acne may aggravate 2-7 days pre menstrual cycle for women.
- Drugs: Barbiturates, Lithium, Steroids, phenytoin & halogens drugs can trigger Acne.
- Greasy cosmetics: May block the pores creating a plug which can result in Acne, especially if infected by bacterial growth in the area.
- Environmental factors: like pollution and high humidity are also common triggers for Acne.
- Stress: can cause hormonal changes which can aggravate Acne.
- Others—rubbing the skin, bike helmets, overnight application of hair oils, high sugar & diary diet
Treatment of Acne:
- Self care: To avoid Acne keep the skin clean. Cleanse twice, daily with a gentle cleanser. You may use medicated cleanser containing benzoyal peroxide or salicylic acid.
- Medicines: In acute cases of Acne has to be treated with medicines like Antibiotics , Retinoids and hormonal therapy depending on the causing factor.
- Minor procedures to alleviate Acne: Application of Salicylic & glycolic peels to remove aseptic environment and minimize scarring
- Acne Scar treatment: Microdermabrasion, Pigment reducing Peels, Dermaroller, Fillers and Lasers.
Fill the form on the right to or call us, if you have any questions regarding Acne, Acne treatment or treatment of Acne scars.
· Others—rubbing the skin, bike helmets, , overnight application of hair oils, high sugar & diary diet